Few possessions evoke the emotional sentiments of a special piece of jewelry. Jewelry pieces are often passed down through generations of families or remind you of a very special moment in your life.
Most homeowners' policies offer limited coverage for jewelry that's lost, stolen, or damaged. Therefore, you may consider purchasing a jewelry policy to preserve your most treasured possessions.
Jewelry can be insured in several ways. Coverage is typically offered by scheduling individual pieces if the collection contains higher-valued items or under a blanket amount, such as $25,000 to covering a bundle of lower-valued pieces. Often, it's a combination of both.
Jewelry insurance policies may include the following:
- Worldwide coverage, including while in transit.
- Agreed Values
- Market appreciation up to an additional 50% of scheduled value
- No Deductibles
- Protection for loss in original value if damaged
- Jewelry repair and restoration
- Coverage for pairs and sets
- Protection immediately upon purchase.
- Discounts for jewelry kept in a bank vault or a secured safe at home.
The professionals at McKinney-Green Insurance can also help with best practices on storing and protecting your jewelry, connect you to 3rd party professional appraisers, and recommend the best inventory solutions.